Here are a few more Tekzilla tips:
- Streamline Windows : Right click My Computer / Choose Properties / Click on Advanced System Settings / Click on Performance Settings button / On Visual Effects tab, choose Adjust for Best Performance
- Launch apps using the keyboard : Each item in the Quick Launch toolbar is implicitly numbered. Windows-1 will launch the 1st application shown in the Quick Launch toolbar. Windows-0 seems to be the 10th application. I guess it doesn’t work beyond 10.
- Firefox in high definition : In Firefox, type about:config, go down to gfx.color_management.enabled and double click on it to set it to true.
- Additional items on context menu : Shift-right click on any folder or file to get 2 or 3 more extra options on the context menu (a.k.a. right click menu)
- Add Send To options : The Tekzilla Daily tip referred to Windows XP. I had to search around for comparable instructions for Vista. Make sure Vista is set to show hidden files. It’s somewhere in Control Panel / Appearance and Personalization. Then open a folder like: %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo and just add shortcuts into that folder. %APPDATA% is something like C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\